Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ride Saturday, Aug 12

Is anyone doing this ride out of Rockwoods Reservation that John sent out via email (below)?

"This ride is a doozy and very scenic while your suffering up the climbs. We'll be leaving from Rockwoods Reservation. Meet at 7:30 and leave at 8:00am. Just for kicks (don't know if I'll do this every time), here's a link to the route on GMap. If you click on the elevation (small/large) tag, you can see just what we'll be doing climb-wise. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=346734 Normally, this route goes up Melrose and down Allenton but, the road between Allenton and Eureka is closed and I don't know if it's ridable. That's why we're spending a mile or so on the shoulder of Hwy 109 to Alt. To get to Rockwoods Reservation: Take I-44 to Eureka Hwy 109 Exit., go North. About 3.9/4.0 miles will be Woods Rd. Take a left and then a right on Glencoe. About 1.7 (give or take) miles on the left, you'll see the Visitor's Center and parking. We'll leave from there. Don't know if the Visitor's Center will be open that early for restrooms or water. Please plan accordingly."

Rockwoods - Rockwoods
via some BIG Hills

Start From Rockwoods Reservation Office
R Glencoe
L Woods
R Hwy 109 (shoulder)
R Alt
L Forby Rd
R N. Central Ave
X I-44
R Hwy W
R Hwy FF
L John McKeever Rd.
R Byrnesville Rd.
BR Upper Byrnesville Rd.
R Lynch
S Lynch becomes Hwy F
X Hwy FF
R Hwy O/F
S Hwy F becomes 1st St.
(For Food in Pacific see opposite page)
S Hwy F become 1st St.
X Bus 44
S Hwy OO/First St.
BL Hwy OO/Park St.
S Hwy OO
X Hwy 100
S W. Manchester Rd.
L Bouquet Rd.
R Melrose
X Hwy 100
Cont Manchester
R Glencoe Rd
R Rockwoods Reservation

40.6 Miles


Food Options in Pacific
Off of Hwy F/1st St.

R E. St.Louis Ave -Depot Rest.
R Bus 44 -Subway

6 comments:

hillclimber said...

I'm all for a Saturday ride. I'd prefer to go a little longer than 40 miles. I'm also all up for some hill work. I think Mark posted by e-mail something about the Dr. Dan Loop. I would be up for that, maybe starting at Kaldi's.

Maybe we can do the Dr. Dan + plus route. Maybe we can do the Dr. Dan / Babler stuff, and throw in Reise road, and some other parts of West County? I don't know the specifics of how to link the parts of the ride, but I'm sure enough of us together can figure it out as we go. Should be a hell of a day!

Mike

Cheri said...

Mark wrote:
Cheri,

I am thinking of riding from Kaldi's in the valley meeting about 7:30 and being on the road around 8:00. We can do the Dan Bauer Babler ride and even go into Babler for a hill or two.

Let me know what you think.

Mark

Mike,

I am thinking we can do part of Dan Bauer's route and part of Roark's route. I think we can figure something on the ride. Meet at Kaldi's 7:30 and be on the road at 8:00.

Mark

Cheri said...

I'm in for this one. Will meet you at 7:30a at Kaldi's in the Valley.

I've got MapPoint if you want me to try to come up with a route. I just don't know all the good roads/hills.

Cheri

Cheri said...

Mike said:

I'll be at Kaldi's ready to roll by 7:50, or if I get there earlier I'll eat too. Ready to ROLL by 8:00. This is Saturday right?

Sunday we'll be doing the trailnet ride.

Mike

Cheri said...

Yes, Sat 8/12...leave from Kaldi's in the Valley by 8am.

Ron said...

I'll be at Kaldi's and ready to roll by 8:00.

Ron