Thursday, August 10, 2006

100 miles of hills, and Calhoun Co. Century

Hello all,

I think you all have done two rides that I didn't get to do, and I'm simply posting a request to put them back in the rotation soon. I've missed out on hitting Calhoun County twice and would still really love to get up there with the group. Let me know if we can work it into the schedule.

Also, I think you all did a very long ride that combined the best of Dr. Dan's ride, plus the ride over to Saint Charles County, plus Reise Road and parts of West County (maybe the Adams / Marshall Road hills?). I think Roark had this route worked out, and I think it came in as a hilly century. Anyway, I'm hoping we can do that ride sometime soon as well.

Mike

4 comments:

Greg said...

Roark had talked about doing both of these this fall. The Calhoun county once the leaves changed colors and the hilly hundred I think he was planning as the last long ride of the season.

Cheri said...

Mark wrote:

The St. Charles route that the HYH uses is a great 100 miles and it is all flat and returns to the start at 65 miles. Ron and I did that with two guys in June and we avg over 18 mph so it can be done. Let's figure out a date that will work for everyone. Labor Day?

hillclimber said...

Just to be clear, I don't want to confuse the Hilly Hundred with the 100 miles of hills. The Hilly Hundred is the ride in Indiana. I think it is around Oct 7th.

The 100 miles of hills I refer to is the ride Roark has worked out that I think starts at his house, goes over towards ST. Charles, then swings into West County and the Dan Bauer ride area, and then works it's way to Reise road / Adams / Marshall, or something like that. I'd like to do all that in one day. Maybe you all have done that at least once this year.

I think if we watch the calendar there is time for the Hilly Hundred, the Calhoun Co., the 100 miles of hills and the 5-hour century. It will be a busy fall, but I think we can get it all in.

Mike

Roark said...

Wow! I go out of town for a bit, and you all get very chatty on the blogger. I do in deed have a 100 mile version of my hilly route. Its all the hills of the very hilly 80 miler, but with an extra 20 miles of thrown in, along with the last Kaldis not on the original route. So you get 100 miles, lots of BIG hills (for St. Louis), all three Kaldis, St. Albans, Kirkwood, and St. Louis, all in one ride. I will guarantee at least 5000 ft of climbing. The exact amount, has to be measured by Mark and his GPS.