Sunday, August 20, 2006

Upcoming rides

I was looking at the calendar and trying to figure out what all rides are coming up. I thought I'd throw this up and see what you all are planning.

Is anyone planning on doing the Gateway of Hope? I plan to register Monday or Tuesday. It looks like a good ride for a good cause, with roads I'm sure we are familier with.

Greg and I were thinking about maybe doing a 3-hour ride in Saint Charles on Sunday. Kind of a look see with regards to the 5-hour century. I think it will be good to see how it goes in three hours. I think too that we can do quite well with this, even if we don't hit the 5-hour mark (or the 60-miles mark in 3 hours). I think we have forgotten how nice it is to ride on smooth roads, and no hills, and hardly any stop signs and no lights. I think when we put all that together we will be surprised at how easy it is to keep a good pace.

I'll be out of town for Labor Day weekend, so no real riding for me. The weekend after that is of course the MS150, so I think we are all set for that. By the way, the Trailnet Wednesday night rides will be ending soon. I'm guessing we will keep them going and get our lights back on our bikes?

Is anyone planning on doing the Tour of the Ozarks? I received a message from Alan and Phil about this not too long ago. I think they are planning on doing the ride. I'll e-mail them to double check. If so I think I'm up for that ride too. It's September 16th. If we don't do that ride, maybe that's a good day for the 100-miles of hills, or the Calhoun Co. century. I'm hoping you all are up for both of those ideas before the year is over.

September 23rd I think I'll do the Sandy Creek Century. Last year I thought I'd never do it again, but now that it is coming up I think I'd like to give it a go again.

September 30 and October 1 I do not have any plans. Maybe they would be a good day for the 5-hour century idea, or maybe for one of the above mentioned century's of Roark's doing.

The Hilly Hundred is October 7 and 8. I've still not registered, but will probably register in the next week or so.

And lastly I think there may be another AYH century on October 14th, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look it up. Maybe there's another chance in there for that 5-hour century as well.

I guess that's a lot. I usually look forward to the fall for nice weather riding, and wrapping up the bulk of a good season. There will be plenty of shorter days the rest of the year, but I'm hoping to get some good rides in in September and early October.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

5 comments:

Roark said...

I will be happy to put something together Sept 30 and Oct 1. I also plan to do the Hilly Hundred and need to register.

I once again have an excuse not to do the Sandy Creek Torture Fest, and will skip that one due to religiousity.

I was thinking of doing the Tour of the Ozarks, have to play it by ear since it so closely follows the MS150.

I am most likely in for the Gateway of Hope ride. I beleive Karei Casey sits on the ride committee.

Greg said...

The AYH make up century ride is October 7.

hillclimber said...

Phil and Alan are doing the Tour of the Ozarks, so I'm going to register and get a hotel this week and do it with them. If anyone wants to go in on a room with me, or wants me to book a room for them let me know. This tour starts somewhere in the Rolla area.

We need to register for the Hilly the sooner the better. I think we have all the hotel space we need. There is a late fee if you register too late.

It looks like the AYH make-up century conflicts with the hilly Hundred, so i think it means October 14th and 15th are open dates. Maybe the Calhoun Co. ride or the 5-hour century?

Mike

Roark said...

How much is the Ozarks entery fee? If its reasonable, might do it based on the fact I could be forced out due to family politics.



I will register today for the Hilly. I am in if its the Calhoun ride in Oct. I think I will pass on a five hour century. Its just not in my legs.



Roark

Roark said...

I am officially registered now for the Hilly Hundred!