Sunday, August 13, 2006

Rides Sat 8/19 and Sun 8/20

There are a couple of rides this weekend and I wanted to see if anyone is interested in either/both. It looks like you need to download and fill out registration for the Saturday one.

I was thinking about the century on Saturday and then the short route (with the family) on Sunday.

Saturday is the AYH Beer & Brat 5 Star Century out of Milstadt, IL
Beer & Brat 5 Star Century
Join us for the Beer and Brat Century. Sign in and start riding at 6:00 A.M. from the Millstadt, Illinois VFW Hall. Complete a metric century loop (67 miles) in the morning, have lunch at the VFW Hall on us, and finish your ride after lunch. The roads will be clearly marked, maps will be available, as well as SAG support and rest stops. For those riders completing the century, a patch will be available. Timing your ride is an option. Cost: $25 for HI-USA members; $30 for non-members, includes lunch. Sign up in advance at our website: http://www.blogger.com/www.moonlightramble.com or call the office for advance reservations: 314-644-4660.Contact Email: davereiter1@earthlink.netContact Phone: 314-406-2359 Fax: 314/644/6192Web site: http://www.moonlightramble.com/featured_rides_06.htm


Sunday is Trailnet's Peach Pedal out of Marine, IL
Peach Pedal
time: Registration 7:30 – 9 am
location: Mills Apple Farm, 11477 Pocahontas Rd, Marine, IL 62061
description: Routes: 34, 42, or 51 miles
Terrain: Flat to gently rolling, no big hills
Features: Pleasant ride through the countryside returning to the farm for fresh peaches from the orchard. The bakery will also be open selling pies and other baked goods.
fees: $6 Member, $9 Non-member, $3 Child under 13
sponsor/partner: Ride Sponsor: HYPERLINK "http://www.thehubbicyclecompany.comthe/ Hub Bicycle Co.
Stop in for $3 off coupons, while they last
contact info: For more information, HYPERLINK "mailto:bicyclefun@trailnet.orgEmail us or call 314/416-9930 ext. 109 or 618/874-8554 ext. 109 directions: From St. Louis cross the PS Bridge and take I-70 East. Take IL-4 (Exit #21) and turn left on IL -4 heading north. Take a right on IL 143. In the town of Marine go left onto N. Duncan St then turn right onto Pocahontas Rd and follow to Mills Apple Farm.

Let me know what you all think.
Cheri

7 comments:

hillclimber said...

I plan on doing both of these rides. Probably the longer route on Sunday. I think both days will give us some training for the 5-hour century, plus of course the MS150.

I don't think I can get to the AHY start at 6:00 am, that's a little early. I can shoot for 7:00 am on Saturday and then 7:30 on Sunday.

Mike

Greg said...

I also plan on doing both of these rides (century on Saturday and the long+ on Sunday). The AYH starts serving lunch at 11:00, if we leave at 7:00 won't that get us in early for lunch?
Greg

Roark said...

I am in for the Saturday ride. I would even go at 7:30-8:00. I am not a bird and I dont need or want a worm. I of course will go with the flow when a start time is finally worked out.

Greg said...

Is anyone having their ride timed at the AYH century?

Ron said...

I'm riding the century for sure...let me know what time you want to meet.

Ron

Ron said...

I said I was riding for sure....but that was before I saw the weather forcast. I'll decide in the morning.

Ron

Roark said...

Here is the NEWS on the Start Time.

We will be rolling at 7:30 am. So plan on arriving so that you can register and be riding by that time.