Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tour of the Ozarks and start times 8-26 and 8-27

Hello all,

I booked two rooms at the Super 8 in Rolla for the Tour of the Ozarks. Both rooms are 2 double beds non-smoking. I figure one for the Lopatins, and one for the guys. If you think we'll need more, let me know.

I have not registered for the ride yet. I wanted to learn more about the Lopatins team and registering with them.

On to this weekend's ride. Does anyone have an idea for start times? I plan on riding the Gateway of Hope thing. The official start time is 7:30. I'd like to start pretty close to that as it is going to be a hot day, and I'd like to not be out too much past noon or 1:00 if we can avoid it. I've got homework to do too. I'll probably ride to Forest Park for the ride.

I think I heard 7:30 at Roark's house for Sunday. I'm really looking forward to this ride. Let me know if there is a different start time. If I can get my butt out of bed I'll probably ride to this ride as well. If I can't get out of bed I'll be there by car. I suppose a third option is to ride to St. John's instead. I think you think you'll be at St. John's to pick-up Dan and others around 8:00 or 8:15? Is that correct?

And lastly, I wanted to publiclly let you all know why I've not been joining you all for Wednesday night dinner, and have also been pushing speed on other recent rides. I think most of you know this already. It boils down to I am always running behind on homework. My current class requires reading or discussion on blogs almost every night. It's very hard for me to get ahead, and most often I'm behind. As of right now I am slightly ahead, but I'm going to the basball game Friday night, so by Saturday I'll probably be behind again. But with an early start on Saturday, I will not have to push the pace. I do not want to push the pace on Sunday either.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

1 comment:

Roark said...

Mike see my post on Sunday August 27th Ride for start times for Sunday.

Saturday I plan to ride from my house at 7:30 am. Bill and Cheri will be joning me. We will be at Forest Park about 8:00 am.

Since you haven't ridden the route on Sunday, unless you are going to carry a map, you wont be able to push the pace. I have the directions after all, so you have to wait for me.