Monday, August 21, 2006

Sunday August 27th Ride

A thought for Sunday. The MS150 has some hills, so I thought it might be a good time to ride the 80 miles of Hills Route we did earlier in the year. Kinda a last bit of memory muscle stimulation before the MS150.

I do have a 100 mile version, but thought for now we could just do the 80 miler. On the off chance everyone wants more I will have the extra hills and miles map with me.

Let me know your thoughts.

Roark

If you want to see what the route looks like, click on the link below!

http://www.geocities.com/rdweil@sbcglobal.net/New80HillyMiles.htm

If you want to see the 100 Mile Route taking in all three Kaldi's, click the link below!

http://www.geocities.com/rdweil@sbcglobal.net/ThreeKaldis.htm

Here is the scoop on Sunday's ride start times. Yes its times, you can pick up the train at three locations.1. We leave my house at 7:30 am.2. St. John's Hospital (Ballas & Conway) between 8:00 - 8:15 am.3. Kaldis in Chesterfield Valley 8:45 - 9:00 am (yes I have included 15 minutes for me to get a cup of coffee.

5 comments:

hillclimber said...

This sounds great to me. 80 or 100. I want to do the Gateway of Hope on Saturday as well.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

Roark said...

Dan Wrote:

80 miles of hills on Sunday sounds fine to me. Let me know the start time and location. I may climb aboard the train at St. John's again. I have to make hospital rounds before going out to play.

Dan

Roark said...

Folks,

Here is the scoop on Sunday's ride start times. Yes its times, you can pick up the train at three locations.

1. We leave my house at 7:30 am.
2. St. John's Hospital (Ballas & Conway) between 8:00 - 8:15 am.
3. Kaldis in Chesterfield Valley 8:45 - 9:00 am (yes I have included 15 minutes for me to get a cup of coffee.

hillclimber said...

Hello all,

I'll be at Roark's house by 7:30. If I'm running late, I'll for certain be at St. John's by 8:00. Is this a rain or shine ride? I think Sunday's weather is 50% chance of rain. I'd like to go rain or shine, but I know rain is not everyone's cup of tea.

The Gateway of Hope turned out not too bad. Dan, Rick and I and some others started out around 8:45. Kind of wet for about 30-45 minutes, and then it dried out pretty well. Bike's a little dirty, but it needed a bath anyway. I spoke to Carrie Kasey (sp?) at the finish. They were kind of bumbed out by the weather. They had been hoping for up to 500 riders, and they got about 50. I had riden to the start and wound up doing the medium route which was a city ride. It was a good route, with some new bike friendly city streets through south county and south city. I kept the map. I think you all would like to shoot through some of these streets as a few were new, and they were pretty bike friendly.

I'm going to register for the Tour of The Ozark's on the Lopatin team later today. And I should get registered for the Hilly Hundred this weekend too.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

hillclimber said...

6:10 am Sunday - It looks like there is a pretty big thunderstorm cell right over Saint Louis / West County, about now. I'm guessing it will move thru in the next 30-60 minutes. Most of the other weather looks like it is to the north, and it looks relatively clear to the West and SouthWest.

I'm going to wait till about 7:00 to leave my house and then I'll meet you at St. John's (by bike).

At least this is what I'm thinking right now.

we'll see...

Mike