Sunday, August 27, 2006

Break a leg...

Hello all,

You know how before actors go on stage if you want to wish them luck you say to them "Break a leg"? This is so the muses are fooled. If the muses think you want them to do well and you wish them luck they will inflict the actor with a bad performance. But if you wish the actor harm the muses will give them a good performance.

Well in the spirit of "Break a Leg" I think we need to creat an annual bike ride in honor of today's ride. It can be called the "I hope you get lots of flats" ride, and we can have it the weekend before Labor Day every year. What do you all think?

I think the muses did everything they could to give us trouble on our ride today, but all in all I think most of the ride was a good ride. I look forward to our next ride, and to next year :)

For those of you who were not on the ride today, we had a great route, with some good hills, and lots of good comraderrie (sp?)... and we had 6 flats on only 7 riders. Really 6 flats on 2 riders, but we roll and flat as a group, so it's 6 flats on 7 riders. On and off again rain wasn't too bad, especially since it was pretty dry the second half of the ride.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

1 comment:

Roark said...

I think I broke both legs and one arm today....