Monday, August 03, 2009

Rides this week and next (August 3 - about 16)

Hello all,

Great ride this past Sunday! My legs were fried by the time I got home! But I enjoyed the whole day and it was good to push a bit harder than I have most of the year.

These next two weeks here are my plans / thoughts:

August 3 - I'm planning on making it out to the soccer fields again tonight.

Wed, August 5 - planning on doing the trailnet ride again. Rode to / from it last week and then did the ride. Got dropped from first group in the last 5 miles, so not too bad. This week I'm planning my revenge - to hang with the lead group until my split home when the route comes back to the loop.

Thursday, Aug 6 - might do the Trailnet ride that starts at Carondolet park. It's a city / Grants Trail kind of ride. I think only about 25 miles. I'm looking at it being a good recovery ride. Might just take the night off.

Saturday, Aug 8 - I'm leaning towards doing the Dog Prairie Century. don't think I have done this one before, but I know the area and it is usually a pretty good area. I think Greg is looking at doing this too? Anyone else? Don't want to go by myself, so if there are no takers, I'll probably come up with a city ride or something with Tom and Dave T.

August 9 - would like to do the Trailnet ride in Saint Charles - Ride of the little hills - the 61 mile option.

August 10 - maybe the soccer fields again

August 12 - Trailnet ride again

August 15 - Not sure. Anyone have any ideas? 100 Miles of Hills?

August 16 - the Trailnet ride is in Edwardsville this day. The long route is only 43, which I why I was looking at a longer day on the 15th.

Let me know your plans. I'm obviously trying to ramp up my riding. I want to ride a bit more August - October than I have been lately, so carry a good base into the winter. My plan is to get back to the brevets in early 2010, and I think ramping up now is a pretty good plan.

Take care,

Mike

1 comment:

Merckxrider said...

Mike,
I was informed by my social secretary that my agenda for Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday is completely booked. I am up for a slow ride on Thursday and could be talked into the Saturday Century. I doubt I can make Sunday, we have friends coming over for brunch. I will probably do a quick 25 mile ride early.

I can make the Monday night ride on the 10th, but I am out of town again on the 11th and 12th.

I'm in for another long ride on the 15th, but I have another brunch date on the 16th.