Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rides Saturday and Sunday (August 1 and 2)

Hello all,

OK, so here is the plan. It looks like Mark is up for a longish ride on Sunday and he is offering to cook us a fabulous breakfast - so let's go with that for Sunday. I think he said something in another blog about meeting at his house at 8:00 on Sunday. Mark can you confirm? I'd say we meet at his house and then hit the Babler / Saint Albans area, and then wrap up.

I know Tom and I are thinking of riding from downtown to Mark's so if we get in about 50 with the group, we will get in a total of about 90 for the day with the commute to and from Mark's, so that is what we are looking at. Tom and I can leave downtown at 6:30 and make Mark's by 8:00.

That leaves Saturday still to plan. I don't think I have seen any other posts / thoughts on Saturday. I think Tom and I will just wing something together downtown, probably in the 30 - 50 mile range, probably with Forest Park or Kirkwood in mind. If anyone wants to throw out ideas for Saturday there is still time to plan and make changes. Tom and I will probably roll from our own house at 7:00 or 7:30. We could hit Roark's or Kirkwood Kaldi's, or other an hour later and then go from there, just kind of winging it depending on who responds.

Looking ahead to next week, I am still looking to hit the soccer fields again on Monday night. Last week was a lot of fun. I'm also planning on hitting the Wednesday night trailnet ride again too. Last night I did that ride and had a blast. Got dropped from the lead group at about 4 miles to go, so not too bad. I had not ridden that route in over two years and the new route (over to Westport and back) is GREAT. I might be up for a Thursday city ride next week too - maybe something shorter, like Forest Park, or South City, maybe with Lynda.

Mike
314-605-9745

4 comments:

Mark said...

I am good for Sunday. I will have breakfast - give me an idea of how many are coming. The menu will consist of bagels, fruit, cereal, coffee, and we can make oatmeal and eggs and toast if anyone wants them.

Merckxrider said...

I'm in for Sat and Sun. Not riding much so I get to make sure the back of the group is well organized. Mike, let's meet up at SLU at 7:30 on Sat.
Tom

Brian said...

Melina has gymnastics from 12 to 4 on Saturday. So I will be riding from 12:30 to 3:30. I might be able to hook up with the group. Just let me know where you are heading at about 12:30 via phone or IM.

Mark said...

What time might I expect you on Sunday? And how many are coming?

Mark