Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sat afternoon ride, Sunday morning, city ride

I forgot that I have the March of Dimes walk to go to / work on Saturday morning. The walk is at Forest Park at 9:00am if anyone wants to come out. It looks like a great day for a walk. 5k walk to support prematurity prevention, research and care.

So... Saturday I am looking for a ride, but probably thinking noon or so. But that may be fine so it warms up a bit. Anyone up for a ride in West County that starts at noon? Maybe at Kaldi's in the valley? If nobody is up for that I'll probably wind up doing something in the city, but I do need to get some hill work in, so West County is the preference.

Sunday looks like a rainy day maybe in the afternoon. There is a Trailnet ride going, but it is way out in Illinios, so I don't think I'm going. Plus I think I'm going to try and go to the baseball game - or at least go to the start. They are giving away replica figures of the old Sportsmans Park stadium to the first 25,000 fans and I want one.

So... I'm planning on a city ride that leaves from my house at 8:30 probably and is finished by 11:00 or 11:30 at the latest. That way I (we) get a ride in, stay dry, don't drive forever to get to the ride, and we still have the afternoon for baseball or other things.

Let me know.

Mike
314-239-6229

3 comments:

Mark said...

Iam good for Saturday - we can ride from my house if we do west county hills. We can meet at my house around noon time Saturday and ride toward Babler and St. Albans.

I am also up for doing a warm up ride on Saturday morning. I need to start doing some serious riding and start getting into shape.

Sunday, Nancy and I are up for a ride - not sure if we want to drive over to IL - long drive expensive. We could do a city ride and if Mike needs to split off around 11:00 we can continue riding.

Roark said...

Assuming my back is up to it, I would love to try my latest 54 mile route that takes in the Hills of Kirkwood (Marshell, Lindeman, West Adams, S Warson), Laurmier Park, Grants Farm, and Jefferson Barracks. We could start from my house say at 10:00 am.

hillclimber said...

OK - sounds like Mark and Roark are at Roark's house at 10 and Mark's at noon (I think they both mean Saturday). I'll call Roark after the MOD walk and see where you are and get myself to a meeting spot - maybe Kaldi's in Chesterfield, or Mark's, or wherever.

Sunday - if anyone wants to meet at my house at 8:30 we can ride from there and then split of / ride some more as we choose.

Mike