Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ride Wednesday? Ride April 26 or 27?

Hello all,

I'm trying to get my butt in gear and was wondering if anyone was looking to ride Wednesday, April 23rd? I could start at my house, Paul's house, Roark's house, or wherever. Let me know - just call me at 314-239-6229.

I'm planning on riding Sat and Sun too. Saturday I'm pretty open - but earlier is better so there is more time for other things in the afternoon. I'd be up for about anything, any place.

Sunday I might be going to the baseball game, so I will probably do a city ride of some sorts. Maybe starting at my house, or David T's, but I'm not opposed to other starts, like Roark's or Forest Park, or other. With the game a possibility I'd be looking at an 8:30 or 9:00 start and only about a 3 hour (max) ride. David T has worked out some pretty good city routes if anyone is game. He's got some routes with a few hills, and he does a good job of avoiding too many stops and starts and busy areas, so for city rides his routes are usually pretty good workouts.

By the way, sorry I've been a bit of a stranger. You know the refrain...too much work and school. Both are going well, but they are killing my biking. The good news is that I'm done with school for a bit as of the coming Monday. Work will probably keep me busy (lots of travel this year), but if that's the only thing I think I can get my biking going pretty soon.

I'm looking forward to the Horsey Hundred, the trip to DC and of course the Blue Ridge to name a few. I need to really do some serious training too. Tom P and I are signed up for the Horribly Hilly Hundred in mid-June and as if right now I am going to need to bring my walking shoes or my car to finish the ride, but I think I have barely enough time to get it together if I focus now.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

No comments: