Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ride Sunday Jan 27, and Sunday Feb 3

Hello all,

You all missed a pretty good ride today. Roark and I were the only takers, but it turned out to be quite a good day, and I thought a great ride. We wound up with about 50 miles each, and a great mix of some wind, some hills, some flat, some cool, and mostly "just right". My compliments to Roark on the route which included Marshall hill, Adams, Lindeman, and Warson, and a few smaller obsticals as well. Saw my heart rate hit 196 as I hammered Marshall, which made me feel like I was 39 again. Kind of nice! I'm sure as the season goes on Roark will add in many more hills, but it was a good challenge for this early in the season.

Sunday Jan 27 ride:

Meet at Mike's house between 9:00 and 9:15. We need to be rolling by 9:30. We will head over to the Arch and meet another group (we need to be there by 10:00) who is heading over to the bike swap over in Collinsville, IL. I'm guessing about a 40 mile round trip. I need to be back to my house by 2:00, so Iwon't be out all day either way. I probably won't do too much at the bike swap, maybe poke my head in or go to the restroom, but I don't have need or time to stay too long.

Sunday Feb 3: I propose we do the exact ride Roark and I did today. I'll probably ride from my house. The route will eventually work it's way near my house later in the day. I'd propose meeting at Roark's at 10:00 and maybe rolling by 10:15 so we can all get home in time for the Super Bowl.

Saturday Feb 2 I am a no-go, so the Sunday route is my only chance.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

1 comment:

Mark said...

I was not able make Saturday - domesticate chores at home. Sunday - I am training for an indoor triathalon on February 9 and 10 - so I will be swimming and running a 5K on a treadmill today.

Next Sunday looks promising. Nancy and I are going to see JC Superstar on Saturday night. I'll plan to be at Roarks.