Monday, August 20, 2007

Paris-Brest-Paris Tracking

Lynda....You must not be set up so that your blogs get emailed to everyone so I am re-posting for you.
Cheri

On Aug 18, Lynda Brady wrote:

Hello,
This is my first time blogging (you just never know what you'll do when your husband is out of the country:) ) so please excuse any faux pas I may make in posting this.

I know Mike has included many of you in his e-mails but I did want to post the following items for you.

I think I found the site where you can track him:

www.paris-brest-paris.org You can change the language to English by clicking on the British flag.

Select "The Ride" then "Rider Follow-up"Enter his number in "Track the Frame number" and hit search. In my best French the message states:

John Brady
The participant is registered but not yet left.

It also shows in the upper left hand corner: "D-1 before" which I am assuming is "one day before race day". Must be pretty exciting there. Sorry I didn't get to my e-mail earlier to pass on this info.

Also, he sent a link to www.parisbrestparis.tv which looks like it will have some live coverage of the event. Right now there is a little short clip with some interviews of a past PBP ride. It is in the bottom left-hand corner of the page and has some audio to it as well.

I actually spoke to Mike today and he seems to be enjoying himself. He was worried before he left about being bored but he said he isn't at all and is concentrating on adjusting to the French sleep schedule. He has met a couple of people and plans to start the ride with Bob who oversees the Brevet series in Kansas City. He's confident that he'll do well and I know we all are as well.

On a personal note thanks to all of you who have supported him along with this dream and many others. I really appreciate what great friends all of you are to him and I know he does too. Thanks Roark for including me on the blog and thanks Cheri for your earlier posting.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

Lynda Brady

1 comment:

Cheri said...

On 8/18/07, Mike wrote:

I think there may even be a way to track on TV. Check parisbrestparis.tv not sure what will happen. Lynda is looking into it too. Her e-mail is lyndabrady@sbcglobal.net

We all have identification badges and they are magnetic in some way. They may have some kind of GPS on them too. They seem pretty organized.

More on another post. You can post this to the blog too. Internet connection is expensive which is why I have not gone to the blog myself. Plus the goofy key board makes typing a bit tricky, so if you seen some typo's, that is why.

Mike