Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No word from Mike yet

Hello Everyone,

Well, I haven't heard from Mike yet and the site shows him finishing Stage 5 at 1:49am Paris time (6:49pm STL time) so I bet he is exhausted and hopefully catching some quality sleep. I'll let you know if I hear anything from him before I leave tomorrow.

I'm flying out tomorrow and should arrive in Paris around 7:40 am Thursday and staying in a hotel in St. Quentin fairly close to the start/finish line. The "Plan" is for Mike to call me when he is a couple hours out and let me know so I can wait for him at the finish line. If all goes well I will log on at the hotel and send out an e-mail to alert you he is getting close to the finish!! I'll try to test the hotel internet before that point to make sure it will go through as planned. It will probably be short since my says the French keyboard is harder to type on.



Just a couple of items to pass on:



European dates are reverse of ours so August 20th is 20/08 in Europe
Their time is listed in military time using the 24hour clock so 12h is noon and 24h is midnight
"passe" means: past, after, beyond
"Carrefour" means intersection


Please keep Mike in your thoughts and prayers along with the other cyclists (especially the 80+ year old man who is riding again this year).



Thanks,

Lynda b.

No comments: