Sunday, March 04, 2007

Did you hear Mike gave up cycling?

Hello all,

It's your long lost bud Mike. As most of you know by now I've given up cycling. As a matter of fact I've pretty much given up any form of physical activity. I do still shower, but it takes a lot out of me. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with the brand new Scott CR-1 that I've still never riden, or the 40 jersey's I own, or the thousands of dollars of bike parts and bikes that are strewn all over the basement. Maybe after Cheri sells her tag along, she can help me eBay all that crap too.

OK - maybe I haven't given up cycling. But I sure feel like I have. I've not been outside on a bike since Thanksgiving! And I've only been on the trainer 5 times in 2007, and one of them was last night. But I should get on the trainer again today, so that will be two days in a row! School and extra work at work have been the real culprits. But both are finally easing up this week and soon, so I think more free time will be here soon.

I'd be up for a ride March 10th too (outside, but easy - like a city ride).

The part about still never having riden the new Scott is true. I'm hoping to pick it up from Paul this week. Maybe that May 10 ride will be the inaguaral run. I definitely need to get my act together on training. My first 200k is March 24. I could bail on that one if I had to, but then the first one would be April 7, so either way they are coming up quick. I'm still in for 3S3M (and all the hotels), Tour de Cure, Michigan and PBP. Plus I think I'll get a week long ride in Kansas/MO/NE/Iowa in in June. Lynda and I have pretty much decided we're going to Paris whether I've qualified of not! We're hoping to do the ride, and then hit Paris for 3-4 days after, and Berlin for 3-4 days as well - come back home over Labor Day weekend. If I'm really lucky Alp duez or Mt. Vonteau (sp?) will be in there somewhere.

Thanks all for checking on me last night. I should be back in the saddle soon. The good news is being lazy and eating pooly (as in hardly eating at all) has lead me to drop 8 pounds. I weighed myself this morning and came in at 128. I know you all don't want to hear that. I'm kind of hoping it pays off! Maybe I get my butt back in shape soon, and I'm 5-6 pounds lighter up the hill too. Plus the new bike!

You guys are in trouble if I decide to take up biking again.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike 314-239-6229

------- __o
------ _\<,
-----(X)/(X)

No comments: