Thursday, February 07, 2008

Weekend Weather & Ride Plans Feb 9-10

Ok you non-tri folks here iss the weather forecast for this upcoming weekend.

Saturday: Windy with a mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the mid teens.

Sunday: Sunny. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the low 20s.

If there is anyone up to the 40s I was thinking of riding on Saturday. Sunday might be too cold. I will be spinning if I can get a spinning bike at the J due to the indoor triathelon on Saturday at 8:15 am and Sunday at 8:30 am as my backup regardless if I ride outside.

Saturday I could be convinced to go for a ride outside starting between 10 am and 11 am.

Sunday will take more convincing, and definately a coffee city ride if its in the 30s.

Let me know your thoughts as always.

BTW: Keep Training the Blue Ride is Coming!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Roark,

The Tri is at the J West - spinning at the J east should not be a problem.

Anyone have thoughts on Julian's note about riding Potomac?

Roark said...

Mark,

Half of the bikes at the J East are being shipped to the West for the Tri. So I may not be able to find a working bike in that five.

I still have to look over the DC trip.

hillclimber said...

I'm up for a ride Saturday. I'm pretty wiped out from a long week at work, so not so interested in a slug fest, plus the wind is going to give us a fair amount of work. How about I meet anyone interested at Roark's at 10:30. Should be fairly warm by then, but it will be windy. I can leave my house at 9:30 without being too cold.

Sunday is play it by ear. I'd be willing to get out down to 25 if it's sunny (like it's supposed to be). But I'm going to play it by ear.

I'm 100% up for a trip to DC for three days of riding. I just have a limited selection of days that I can pick from. I need the second weekend in May if it is going to be May. I have other options if we go with June.

Mike

Mike

Ron said...

I plan on being at Roark's by 10:30.
I've got a painting project going at home...but I gotta ride!

Ron