Friday, February 15, 2008

Weekend Riding 2/16 and 2/17

This Weekends Weather Forecast:

Tomorrow: A mix of clouds and sun early, then becoming cloudy later in the day. High 44F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow night: Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers late. Low 37F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall may reach one inch.

Sunday: Rain showers early mixing with snow showers later in the day. High near 45F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precip 60%

Looks like Saturday will be our most ridable day. I plan to spin first at the J from 8:30 to 9:30.

  1. So the options are a ride from my house starting lets say about 10:30 maybe with a slow grind up Marshal thrown in.
  2. We join the Meet up St. Louis Group Starting at 10:00 am from the Starbucks on Manchester. A link this new group is now on our blogger page. This link will take you to the ride info once you have joined the group, http://bike.meetup.com/289/calendar/7300731/

Let me know your thoughts tonight.

Roark

4 comments:

hillclimber said...

I would favor trying to do a ride from Roark's house at 10:30. I want to do some rides with the other group, but tomorrow doesn't work with me as well on timing and thier chosen route. I'm a member of that group, so I'll keep up with their posts.

So I'd suggest we meet at Roark's at 10:15 and try to to roll at 10:30. I'll be riding from my house, so I'll leave my house at 9:15.

I'd love to get some hill work in - so I'd suggest the "Mike and Roark" route of a few weeks back. I'd like to hit Lindemann, and Marshall, and Adams, and whatever else we can throw in. I think that route takes us up "The Hill" on Arsenal and the return stretch up the hill / grinds of Olive and Lindell - all pretty good grinds. If we get real crazy we could probably figure out how to climb "Art Hill" and maybe some other odds and ends here and there.

So I'll shoot to leave my house at 9:15. I'll check the blog / e-mail first, and maybe call Roark. If nothing seems to be brewing, I'm good to swith to the meet-up.com group at Kaldi's at 10:00.

Mike

Roark said...

The 10:15-10:30 plan works for me.

Merckxrider said...

I'm in. Mike, want to meet at the same place on Grand at 9:30?
Tom

hillclimber said...

Sure - I'll be at Grand and Laclede around 9:30 give or take depending on coffee intake.

Mike