Monday, April 23, 2007

Travel Coordination to 3S3M

It's time to coordinate our travel arrangements to Three State Three Mountain. I talked with Allan today, and he would like to caravan again out to Chattanooga. He also needs to be in town early enough to go to Friday night services at the local reform congregation. The good news is that Mark informs me, they have a hot line to the local rib joint for after service Friday night dinner. My routing software says its a seven hour drive. So if we allow eight hours to include lunch and coffee stops, we should be leaving at 7 am to get to Chattanooga by 4 pm. (Remember there is a time change of one hour).

I also need to be back to St. Louis on Sunday to Bnai Amoona Congregation by 2:30 pm for my daughters Mitvah project for Locks For Love. Samantha has organized a group hair cutting to provide wigs for children undergoing cancer treatment. I will need to be leaving Chattanooga at 8:30 am. (Remember we gain an hours on the return) Mark will be driving me directly to the event, and of course all are welcome to come and enjoy the gathering and refreshments.

6 comments:

Roark said...

BTW....replaced Six Flags with Three State Three Mountain in the original post. My bad!

hillclimber said...

I'll be driving down to Nashville on the Thursday night to see my aunt. I did the same thing last year.

Maybe on Friday I can find you guys on the road at a starbucks or panera (like last year). I'm game for whatever on Friday evening too.

Mike

Mark said...

I good for Sunday at Kaldis. What and where is the ride for Saturday. We can meet at Roark's house and ride from there. I will probably ride from my house so let's plan to meet at Roark's about 9:15 or so.

3S3M - I suggest we try to be on the road by 7:00 AM - leaving from Roark's house. I will be glad to drive. Ron do you want to join us and drive down together?

I am interested in joining Alan on Friday night. It is the anniversary of my friend Shirl's death.

I would suggest that we leave Chattanooga on Sunday morning right after Starbucks opens about 7:00 AM

Mark said...

I good for Sunday at Kaldis. What and where is the ride for Saturday. We can meet at Roark's house and ride from there. I will probably ride from my house so let's plan to meet at Roark's about 9:15 or so.

3S3M - I suggest we try to be on the road by 7:00 AM - leaving from Roark's house. I will be glad to drive. Ron do you want to join us and drive down together?

I am interested in joining Alan on Friday night. It is the anniversary of my friend Shirl's death.

I would suggest that we leave Chattanooga on Sunday morning right after Starbucks opens about 7:00 AM

Roark said...

Saturday my house is good at 9:15 am. We can start by riding over to the base of Marshall Hill, and pair that with West Adams climb. That gives us just a bit of climbing before we rest at Kirkwood Kaldis for some coffee. I can make the ride 40-50 miles depending on how the group feels. Mark that will put you at about 70 miles from your house.

7:00 am sounds good for leaving Chatenooga. I really dont want to be late for Samantha's Mitvah project. Again, everyone is invited. There are over 20 people getting their hair cut to help kids with cancer.

Ron said...

3S3M-I plan on riding down with Paul Kikta leaving Friday morning around 9:00.
Let us know where to meet everyone for a good carb loading dinner.

This weekend-I would like to ride with you both days but that may be wishful thinking. Maybe Suzette will do the Fun Club ride with Paul's wife, Mary and we can ride the hills with you Sunday.

Ron