Monday, April 16, 2007

Saturday April 21st and Sunday April 22nd

One more try for Saturday and doing the 50 miles of hills we have missed for the last two week due to the cold.

I would like to start from Kaldis in Chesterfield Valley about 9:00 am to loop out to St. Albans (the hard way), Six Flags for Allenton Hill, and Woods Road. Once again 50 miles or so of riding.

Let me know if your interested.

Sunday is another of my team rides. The team ride will be starting at 10 am from the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center near Hartford, Illinois. The ride is to Alton and Back. We will have lunch at “My Just Deserts” in Alton; plan on some great pie.

My thoughts are of course to make this a real ride by riding to the Confluence center from my house starting at 7:45 am. Round trip we will get in about 75 miles. We will come back via Bellfontaine Neighborhood and Chambers Rd to get some hills in to the mix at the end of the ride.

Let me know your plans.

Roark

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm in for Saturday. As the saying goes, "Third time's a charm." As of now, the forecast looks good.

I'll be at the team ride with the girls on Sunday. Hope they're wrong about those scattered thunderstorms.

Is it too soon to start carb-loading for 3s3m with some pie?

Cheri

Roark said...

Don't temp me with pie, my weakness is scones.

Mark said...

I will not be able to join you on Saturday. I am gabbai on Saturday. I think I will ride with Dan Bauer on Sunday. I can start from my house. I should be good for the following weekend.
Start eating now. In the end it really does not matter, it is still pain getting up the hills.