Monday, January 09, 2006

Sunday Ride January 8th

Folks,

I thought instead of all those emails, we would just blog our weekly rides, and our coffee shop evaluations. So this is it, the first post.



Just for the record, Sunday was a good day for riding. I spun with Mark, from 9 am - 10 am.

We all set out from my house at 11:30 am for a hilly St. Charles loop of 39 miles. We had eight riders; the only ones I knew though were Mike, Ron, Dan, Brian, and myself. I don't lead rides without a coffee stop, so we tried the Crooked Tree Coffee House at 559 1st Capitol Drive in St Charles.

The food was good, and even better they had eight types of coffee. I only got to try four flavors before I over caffeinated, choclaterazzmatazz will have to wait till next time. Service was a bit slow, but I thought the food was alright. We finished back at my house with 39 miles.

I might be crazy but that ride wasn't enough, Cheri gave me a call, that with temperatures hovering about seventy degrees, she wanted her chance to ride once Brian got home. Off I want again with the caveat, that my legs were worn out. With lights blinking in the rear, and headlights lighting the front I put in another 13 or 14 miles.

Just so you know we have only begun to try each and every one of the St. Louis regions indepdant coffee stops.

Roark

3 comments:

hillclimber said...

It was a good ride. There were only seven of us unless you count Harvey, the big white rabit. The other two that I saw peddling bikes were Greg Roosa and Rick M. All three will probably join us on future rides.

The coming sunday is looking like a good ride (maybe followed by some BTC planning). Saturday is a maybe too (the weather is a little iffy).

Mike

Roark said...

Hey, Harvey is the one who pushes me up the big damn hills. Let's hope for Saturday.

There is of course an option for Wednesday night. There is a biking group meeting of John J's at the Old Spagatti Factory downtown. John is hoping for us to make it a ride to embarass the rest of the group as being wimps.

Cheri said...

Hey! Nice idea. Now maybe we won't have hundred's of emails to sort through....just blogs. :)

Eagle days is at the Old Chain of Rocks Bridge this weekend if that would be of interest for ride.

So jealous of weather you all had for great ride Sun. However, I got some good info from the core class. Strong core for strong biking, you know!