Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bike Tour of Colorado

Mark, Roark, Ron, (and Dan)

I have Dan and Nick's applications and money for the BTC, so we are half way on the 6. I just need to be able to hook up with the three of you Saturday. I was thinking before / after the ride Roark is proposing at Roark's house? If you are not doing the Saturday ride let me know, because we need to hook up somewhere. Mark if you'e not riding, maybe you can get something to Roark Friday? Ron, if you're not riding maybe I can see you Satuday after the ride? (ASAP).

I think I have now been converted to a hotel guy. Roark seems to have a pretty good plan. I'm willing to go all 5 of us in one room too. I think it won't be too bad, and it will be cheaper too. We will still wind up with 2 days of camping, which should be the right amount of fun too.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with NONE of the meal plans. I spoke to Nick, the guy who is our number 6 who did it last year, and he is not getting any meal plan either. Last year he did the dinner plan. He said it was good, but you didn't have much choice (you ate what they cooked), and it was a touch pricy. I think if we aren't out on the road forever (up early), we should be into camp in time to find a restaurant for dinner before the crouds are too bad. I think this way we will get more of the local flavor / variety. I'm sure we can wing it on lunch (but have power bars just in case). And I think breakfast we can wing it too, but it should be even easier if we are at some hotels. Even if we need to go the pop-tarts and instant oatmeal (and a microwave) route, I'm sure breakfast will work itself out. But I'm really thinking we'll find some restaurants in the towns before we head out, or maybe even things at the hotels.

That's about it for now. Call me if you need to work out a meeting place. 314-239-6229

Mike

1 comment:

Roark said...

I havent thought much about blogging for BTC. If everyone wants that I can set up a BTC blog.

I agree about the meal plan. It just makes sense to enjoy the local coffee stops. Hey once I get the route I might even google earth and map out some potential stops.

Right now Mike and I are commited and signed onto using the hotel option I sent earlier. We need at least one more to commit. Two days of camping are included with all tents and support provided by Sherpa Packers. The cost is $1036 with capicity for five.