Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thinking Outside the Box (an alternative to MS 150)

Folks,

I know many of you are still tied to the MS150 in September.  I on the other hand am newly free from all entanglements! So with that in mind, after eight or so years doing the MS150 I was thinking of trying something new, the "Old Kentucky Home Bicycle Tour".  The ride is briefly described below:

The 33rd Annual Old Kentucky Home Bicycle Tour, (aka OKHT), is a two-day ride departing from E.P."Tom" Sawyer Park in Louisville,Ky. on Saturday, September 11th, with 3 mileage routes to historic Bardstown, Ky.
A 50-mile, 72-mile, and a very challenging 102-mile century, which includes the legendary Pottershop Hill ! It is the winner of the League of American Bicyclists Best Century award.
On Sunday, September 12th, there are two routes from Louisville. The 25 mile short route goes out to the Fern Creek Fire Station and back to Sawyer Park. The 50-mile, single-day loop goes out to our  FAMOUS " Homemade Cookie Stop" sag stop and joins up with the 2-day riders coming back from Bardstown for the return ride back to Sawyer Park via a gorgeous scenic route.

Here is the link for more info:  www.okht.org

If you want to try something new, let me know.  I am up for a new bicycling adventure to keep from getting stale.

Thanks,


Roark

4 comments:

hillclimber said...

Roark,

I've wanted to do the Old Kentucky Home ride for quite some time. Not sure if I can do it this year - but I will certainly keep it in mind. I'll let you know as the time of year comes closer.

Mike

Roark said...

Mike,

I am definately looking for company on the Old Kentucky Home.

Roark

Roark said...

Just a note on the Old Kentucky Home Bicycle Tour in place of MS150. I now have hotel rooms for Friday and Saturday nights. Using our old method, up to four can share this room. At this point I am just hoping for one more to share. The cost of hotels split two ways will be $50 each.

Roark said...

More News on the Old Kentucky Home Bicycle Tour.

I am now officially registered, so I will be definately taking a break from the MS150.

Right now Mike Brady is 95% committed. I am hoping for company but plan to go regardless.

As noted before, my hotel rooms can sleep up to four, though I know that most of the group are still committed to the MS150.

Let me know if you are interested, if it gets down to the wire and its just me I will come up with alternatives.

Either way enjoy your September Rides.

Roark