Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saint Louis Cycling Club

I am happy to report that I completed a ride with the Saint Louis Cycling club this morning. It was a 37 mile bike ride that left from Babler Park and envolved the usual roads plus a loop in Eureka by Hidden Valley ski lodge that you get to by going under highway 44 at Six Flags and turning left and taking the Legends Parkway. The ride was 38 miles and I had an average speed of 16.2. I believe there were 3 racers in the group, one who was retired and 60 or so years old (Jim). Jim happened to break his chain on one of the climbs (thank god) and nothing else went wrong other than trying to keep up going up hill. They are all Mike Brady fast going up hill. I have been invited back so I must have done OK. Hope everyone had a good time on the Route 66 ride.

Brian

1 comment:

hillclimber said...

These days, Mike Brady fast up a hill is either 3.2 mph, or 4.1 mph, depending on if I am walking or not. I'm faster if I walk. I'm a little out of shape, but Tom is doing his best to whip me back in to something respectable.

Good to see your post, maybe we can meet your new group for a similar ride soon,
Mike