Wednesday, March 04, 2009

March 7-8th Rides

Folks,

I am sitting here in my hotel room in San Antonio. It hit 80 today so I am thinking about riding, before I head over to the River Walk.

So I checked our local weather and Saturday and Sunday might have rain, but the temperatures will be in the high sixties.

I haven't posted a ride from my house in a long time, so that's about to change.

Saturday I plan to leave my house at 10:30 am to hit the Hills of Kirkwood, followed by a run up Grants Trail into the City. If you want to join let me know.

Sunday I am thinking of riding from my house over to Crooked Tree In St. Charles.

Figure 40-50 miles each day.

Roark

4 comments:

Bill D. said...

I'm busy this Saturday but I'm in for the Sunday ride. What time Sunday?

Mark said...

Roark,

I am in for Sunday. Keep in mind we lose 1 hr Saturday night - don't make it too early. Plus, I'll plan to meet you at Creve Coeur Park.

Roark said...

Sunday's ride will start at 11:00 to account for the one hour time shift. I hope that works out for all who want to ride.

hillclimber said...

I'm likely in for Sunday too. 11:00 at Roark's works well for me. Got make sure we put rain repellant on the bikes though. I may ride from my house, and if I do I'll have to pick a turnaround point before going to lunch in St Charles as I do not think I can handle a 75 miles ride quite yet.

Saturday I am going to the Missouri Valley Conference basketball games at 1:00, and brunch before hand. I'm quite likely going to ride Saturday AM at least a bit. Maybe ride to Roark's and back, or maybe a city ride, or maybe some kind of combo. I just need to be back to my house by 10:30 - so it will be pretty short.

I'm sort of thinking about a Friday afternoon kind of ride - like Forest Park. Any takers? Maybe 4:00?

Talk to you all soon,

Mike