Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ride Sat Feb 14th, Sunday 15th, Friday too?

Hello all,

If anyone wants to ride this weekend, let me know. I'm planning on riding both Saturday and Sunday. It may be a little brisk (low 40's for a high)- but it is supposed to be sunny and dry - only a 10% chance of rain in the long range forecast now.

I'd propose about what we did last weekend - only maybe a slightly later start time, but not much. Let's try this:

Saturday - we do some sort of city / Forest Park / Kirkwood / Olivette type ride. I'll be rolling from my house - but I can plan to meet others somewhere along the way. Or if anyone wants to start at my house that is fine too. We can meet at a central location - maybe Roark's? Maybe Kaldi's in Kirkwood? I'd say we meet at one of those locations by 12:00 or 12:30. I'll roll from my house at about 11:00 either way - and meet where ever others are going to be. I'll look to ride in that location for about 10-15 miles, and then work my way home. We can meet at the Forest Park visitor's center too if that is good. I'm looking for about a 40 - 50 mile day total.

Sunday - I'd say we do exactly what we did this past Sunday. Meet at Kaldi's in the valley and take the usual routes to Bablar and back - but the shortish version. Last week we did the most direct route we could and it worked out to 34 miles or so. I'd say we do that again, and if we're feeling up for it we can always add miles along the way. Since it may be a touch cool - I'd say we plan to roll by 11:00.

Friday ? - I'm thinking / hoping to knock off work around 3:00 or 3:30. Last week Tom and I got in about a 15-20 mile ride in and around Forest Park from like 3:30 to 5:00 - worked out great. If that can happen again this week, that would be great.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike
314-239-6229

7 comments:

Mark said...

Both days sound good to me. Let's meet at Kaldi's in Kirkwood. I can ride from my house. Noon time is good. Sunday sound like a winner too. See you at Kaldi's on Saturyday and Sunday.

Mark

Roark said...

I think I am in for both days, similarly to last week, with the same cough.

hillclimber said...

OK - that makes three of us that are in for both days, plus DR. Dan is in for Sunday.

Both weekend days are going to be a little on the cool side (on the wind chill), so take that into account. I'm in for sure both days though - I need to ride. I'm 80% likly to try the Frooze Toes race coming up on Feb 22nd - so I'm trying to get my legs ready last minute so to speak. I'm kind of close.

Sunday may have some precip - so we'll need to watch thaat too.

Mike

Merckxrider said...

I'm in for Saturday; not sure about Sunday. I picked up a cold last Sunday so I'm taking it easy.

Mike, I plan on leaving my place around 11, if you want we can hook up at your place around 11:15.

Merckxrider said...

Sorry, missed your original post. I will be at your place at 11.

Mark said...

Mike,

I am not going to make it on Saturday. Trying to get some estate stuff ready to establish an estate plan.

I will be riding tomorrow - Sunday.

Mark

hillclimber said...

Sunday's time may be changing - but I'm not sure yet - more info to follow. I'll post an update some time Saturday afternoon / night.

Dr. Dan and I are thinking of joining another group that is doing something very similar on Sunday. Pretty much the same thing we were planning, only meeting at 10:00 and rolling at 10:30. It will be a bit cooler, but the benefit is we get on home to do other things - of which I have plenty to do.

Again, more info to follow. If 10:30 is a no go for anyone, let me know. I'm sure we can come up with something - but I'd kind of like to roll and mingle with the other group (It's Dessa - Bob Burre's wife) who is organizing the other group. But I don't think Bob will be there - it is advertised as "not a hammerfest" - but I got the idea it would be some work.

Mike