Thursday, March 27, 2008

Saturday and Sunday March 29-30th Rides

Folks,

I don't know how many of you are still riding. Guess we will find out how trained everyone is when the Blue Ridge Roll's Around.

Saturday I will hit the hils. At this point I think I will join John for the ride described below that he sent me:

Leaving at 9 AM with a choice of two rides.
DEFIANCE to AUGUSTA which is a pleasant, scenic, and hilly 39 mile ride.Rolling Hills
2 - Great Downhills - 3 Good Climbs (2,200 vertical feet). Cuesheet attached. ORJust ride
on the Katy Trail if you don't want hills. Hopefully the recent floodsdidn't damage the
Trail.For either ride park in the Katy Trail Parking Lot along Highway 94 in Defiance.

I can send the cue sheet if anyone wants it. Its better to just all ride together.

Sunday I am planning to join with the Meetup St. Louis for their Pizza ride. The link to the ride description is http://bike.meetup.com/289/calendar/7606590/ The meet info is below:
If it looks like bad weather wise I am bailing for spinning at the J

When
Sunday, March 30, 2008 at 9:00 AM
Where
Fortells - West
15483 Clayton Rd Ballwin ,
MO 63011636-386-7199

Well thats my plans, unless I get a better offer.

Roark

5 comments:

Brian said...

Roark,

I am planning on the Saturday Defiance to Augusta ride.

Brian

Mark said...

I am not sure about Saturday. I may be in Shul and my furniture is suppose to arrive on Saturday. I am up for a hills ride on Sunday for sure.

Mark

Cheri said...

I'm in for the Sunday ride, weather permitting. I'll give a tentative rsvp to the meetup folks.

Cheri

Ron said...

I think I'll ride the defiance ride on Saturday...Sunday is birthday get together day with the relatives.
Brian, bring the Girl Scout cookies and I'll pay you.

Ron

Roark said...

Late breaking news! I talked with John and based on a 9:00 am forecast of 33 to 38 degress before windchill, we are moving the ride a bit. We are pushing back to 10:30 am from my house, if the weather holds we can do some of the hills from here. If not we have places to duck into instead of being out in the country side.

Roark