Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Ride, and Wednesday ride?

Hello all,

Mark and I are planing a ride for Turkey morning, but we don't have all the details yet. I thought I'd throw something out, just to see who might be interested.

We're looking at a shortish ride (25 - 30 miles) that maybe starts around 10:00 or 10:30 and maybe goes for about 2-2.5 hours. We have not nailed down the start place or time yet. I have to be home by 12:30, so I'm looking at a start time of around 10:00 or 10:30 - but the weather is supposed to be pretty fair, so I don't think 10:00 is too early.

Mark, I was wondering if starting at Kaldi's in Kirkwood might be a good start? Maybe we roll from there at 10:30? Or maybe even 10:00? If this is not a good start I'm game for starting at Forest Park. I could be talked into starting in the Valley too - all though that would be my least favorite idea. I'd like to try and think of a place I can ride to. If we go with Kirkwood Kaldi's I'd probably put on the cold weather gear and ride to Kaldi's early enough to get coffee and oatmeal at 9:30 or so (if they are open), and then ride with you for a couple of hours, but then bail on home. I need to be home by 12:30 to get ready for plans with the family.

If we hook-up at Kaldi's we might be able to work some of the Kirkwood hills, and maybe Grant's trail, and just see how things work out.

If anyone is up for an afternoon ride on Wednesday I'm kind of looking at that too. I might be able to knock off around 3:00 - it would be a short ride near my house. Dave? Tom?

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

7 comments:

Mark said...

Mike,

Good idea to meet at Kaldi's in Kirkwood. I may ride over there from here. Let's shoot to meet there for coffee and be back on the road by 10:30

Mark

Roark said...

Move that Wednesday ride to the evening and I might be able to make it.

Merckxrider said...

I'd be up for the Thurday AM ride. Wouldn't mind riding to Kaldis.

hillclimber said...

All,

The Wed afternoon thing is looking like spinning in the basement, or at best 90 minutes or so around 3:30 or 4:00. Roark - I can not extend to the evening due to dinner plans with Lynda and the kids.

Thursday AM is looking pretty good. I'm planning on leaving my house around 9am or so (9:10 at the latest) to be at Kirkwood Kaldi's a little before 10am. I'd like to be able to have coffee and a snack breakfast without being too rushed. By the way I called Kaldi's and confirmed they are open Thursday until 1:00pm. I think rolling from Kaldi's by 10:30 is a good plan.

So, Mark I'll see you there when you get there.

Tom - if you want to meet at my house, we can roll at 9:00 or 9:05 from my house. Or you can just roll to Kaldi's, or we can meet a bit further west.

David - I know you were thinking of riding, but not sure if Kaldi's would work, so let me know.

(Mark and all) - for better or worse, once we roll from Kaldi's at 10:30 I think we need to look at maybe 30 minutes or so in the Kirkwood hills stuff (Like Litzinger and Adams, or Ballas - and then maybe look at hitting Grant's trail? Or just due east to Forest Park / Downtown, or something like that. Mark, if you need to break off to make it back west and home that's cool too. I'm good with goofing off in and around Kirkwood and Forest Park for awhile befoe we haave to head to our homes. I need to be back home by 12:30 or 12:40 at the latest.

Mike
314-239-6229

Merckxrider said...

Mike
I'll meet you at your place around 9AM
Tom

Mark said...

I'll plan to meet you at Kaldi's around 10:00 tomorrow morning.

Mark

Ron said...

Can't ride Thursday...unless I do a short one close to home.
Who's up for riding Friday or Saturday.
I've been doing a little mountain biking lately and it's a blast, as long as you don't mind a few spills. I just ordered some knee pads...any one else up for it?

Ron