Tuesday, May 08, 2007

RIdes Saturday May 12th & Sunday May 13th

Folks,

I know there are a few ride options for this weekend. There is the Hosteling Indian Crossing Century for $30.

I prefer and plan on doing another option with Alan Spivak and his group. Firstly its FREE!. Secondly its a nice opportunity to ride with Alan's group, in an area that we dont ride all that often. It is the Elsberry to Louisiana Missouri and back loop. Along the way the ride passes through Clarksville, and returns via a lovely climb to the aptly named Paynesville. We did this ride a few years ago, its scenic and got some hills and is about 70 miles. If your planning on this ride, the carpool train will be leaving from Alan's at 7 am Saturday morning.

Turning to Sunday. It's mother's day, so the ride I normally do is out to Laurmier Sculpture Park to tour the show with the family. Upon arrival the bike goes on top the car. Mark is usually my partner for this ride, but he is bailing this year. So I am not sure if its a go.

Roark

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I plan to take the girls either on the Trailnet ride or out to Horseshoe Lake on Saturday.

If it's a go, I'll be glad to fill in for Mark on Sunday....and my family can meet me at Laumeier Sculpture Park. Let me know what time, etc.

Melina has been wanting to have a garden so I told her we could dig it up on Sunday when we get home. If anyone wants to come help, you're welcome to do so!

Cheri

Mark said...

On Sunday morning I would like to ride - we could ride to Clayton or the city for breakfst and then you can head for LP and I will head back to chesterfield. Let me know.

Roark said...

Folks,

I have been informed, that due to unforseen inlaw situations on Mother's day I will not be able to ride to Laurmier for the art show. I will still be there, but will be coming via gas power locomotion to the show directly from an over indulgent brunch.