Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Dates for Summer's Michigan Trip

Folks,

Its time to choose our dates for the Michigan trip. We have two options 1.) Leaving Friday Evening July 13th returning Sunday July 22nd; 2.) Leaving Friday Evening July 20th returning Sunday July 29th.

I prefer the first choice myself, its easier if I go on vacation with my family the first part of August. Also the Traverse Bay Cherry Festival takes place the week of July 13th, that could be fun.

Please let me know your preference, and commitment to go. I need to look into renting a home now, if we want the best choices. My preliminary search has found we could get a house to sleep 8-10 for about $1200 for the week. Assuming we get 7 to go, that's $171 for housing each for the week.

I figure gas to cost each of us another $50, and food $250 for the week. I am sure there will be some other assundry expenses so figure another $100.

The trip cost should be under $600 each for the week. We could cut food expenses more by cooking if we have the house.

Let me know ASAP your commitment to going, and if the dates work for you.

Roark

4 comments:

hillclimber said...

I can go with either set of dates, but I would prefer the first set as it helps with other summer plans.

I can drive, and am currently planning to do so. I think if we get to 7 or 8 people + it might be nice to have a "chase" car to make things easier when we get there, or make things more comfortable for such a large group on the trip. 7-8+ in one van / suburban is quite a croud. My car will travel 4 comfortably, can handle three bikes on the back, and is low cost on fuel as it is a company car. I get free gas and free miles, but I get taxed on my usage. This works out that I pay about .80 cents a gallon or so, so if the "group" helped with every third or fourth tank of gas, we'd be even. The car gets 450 miles on 16 gallons of gas, so I think a whole week of travel (maybe four tanks of gas) would be all we need for my car, which would only cost the "group" about $50 or less.

Does the $250 for food include beer?

:)

Roark said...

The beer is covered under the category assundry expenses.

Roark said...

Count me in for Mi., the later week would be preferable but it really
does'nt make a big diff. I won't be able to ride wen.
eve.

JOHN J.

_____________________________________
July 13 is good for me. I am in. Mark

Bill D. said...

I am in for Michigan. July 13-22 works best for me. I can bring my Explorer too if needed.