Friday, November 17, 2006

2007 3-State 3-Mountain, and 2007 Hilly Hundred

Hello all,

Just an FYI - I have finally reserved hotel rooms for both of these events.

At the 3-State 3-Mountain we have 3 rooms with 2 queens each at the downtown Days Inn. The is the best hotel in the whole city for location and price. Each room can handle 4 adults if you don't mind spoooooning, and they are only $70.00 a night, and they are walking distance from everything, and riding distance to the start. The event is Saturday May 5th. We'll drive down on the Friday, and come home on the Sunday. There are still rooms available at the hotel if anyone thinks we need more. Just for the heck of it I also have one room at the Motel 6, which is about $50 a night.

At the 2007 Hilly Hundred, the Super 8 was all booked, except for smoking, so I switched over to Motel 6. Probably not a great room, but man is it cheap - It's $44 a night. The Super 8 is $120 a night, as is the Quality Inn next door. I have 3 rooms, all non-smoking, and all with 2 double beds. It's on Walnut - that main drag through the city, so it's only about 1/2 mile further from the Hilly start, but it's closer to the downtown stuff. No continental breakfast here, but the money we save on the room will pay for breakfast twice, and dinner once, so I think we are ahead. The ride is October 13 and 14.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

5 comments:

hillclimber said...

A few of you have written (in e-mail, but not on the blog!!) that you are interested in both of these rides, and others that have not written I'm pretty sure are still interested. With all that in mind I'm going to work at getting 2 more rooms for both trips. I think our croud is growing, and we can always cancel the rooms later.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

Ron said...

I'm hoping to do both rides if I'm in town. I'll know more as the dates get closer.
Mike, thanks for getting the rooms.

Ron

Roark said...

My plans are for both rides. That said I have to caveat the Three State by saying it depends on my ability to get back early enough Sunday to attend Samantha's Bat Mitvah Charity Project for Locks For Love.

Bill D. said...

Count me in for the Hilly Hundred. I think the 3S3M is still way out of my league plus that's my anniversary weekend (May 6) so I'm unavailable anyway.

hillclimber said...

New update on hotels.

I think hotels in Bloomington are getting scarce, so here is an update on what I did tonight, and what we have all together for both of these rides.

For the 3S3M ride, we now have 5 rooms at the Days Inn. All non-smoking and all with two double beds, so I think we are set for 12-20 people. We also have one back up room at the motel six that is also non-smoking and two full beds. Unless our group gets REALLY large, I think we are set for Chattanooga. I will be inviting Alan S and Phil Q to this ride too, so I'm thinking one of these rooms may go to them. I have one for the Lopatins, one for Ron and I, one for Roark and Mark, one for Doc and Rick. So that's 5 rooms, with only the Lopatins having to share beds. If we need more rooms than this I leave it up to you all, or we have to discuss double bunking, which I'm OK with if it comes down to it.

For the Hilly Hundred, I went ahead and booked one more room at the Motel 6, but it wound up being a smoking room. I went ahead and took it knowing we can always cancel, but things seem to be pretty tight in Bloomington (it is a much bigger ride, and a smaller city than Chattanooga.) So at this point we have 3 non-smoking rooms, and 1 smoking room. All 4 are double beds. Again, if we need more rooms than this, I'm asking someone else to jump into the room reservation maker role. I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up double bunking here as rooms book up fast. Single bunking is always best, but if we are among friends I think it will work out.

Mike