Monday, March 27, 2006

Saturdays Ride April 1st

Folks,

You know I am doing my MS 150 first team training ride this Saturday April 1st. My thoughts are, if any of you are interested to ride to the starting point from my house. The starting point is the Lewis & Clark center at the confluence. Its about 23 miles from my house to the confluence. This makes for a relatively flat 66 mile ride. I need to be to the start about 9:30, so we would need to leave my house at 7:30. If your interested in riding with me, let me know.


We have space reserved at My Just Desserts for lunch.

Good news for those of you who liked last years jersey. I am working with the graphic artist again. Our theme is cycling along the Mississippi. We have already received commitment for slots, from sponsors for a subsidy of $40 per jersey, up to a maximum of 35 jerseys. Two slots are still open.

6 comments:

hillclimber said...

Roark and all,

I'm out of town this weekend, so no ride for me. However, I am hoping to ride on Wednesday night so keep me posted. I should be able to meet you in route, or if I can get off work early enough meet you almost at Roark's house. I'm sure I'll do one or the other.

I'm also hoping for a Friday afternoon / evening ride. Maybe something like the Riverfront trail, or even out by Creve Couer lake or something not so busy. But I'm really game for anything if anyone wants to try something.

Mike

Roark said...

Mike,

I will keep you posted about Wednesday which looks to be great weather wise. When it comes to Friday, much as I would like to ride, discretion tells me its not a great personal choice.

Roark said...

Mike,

Friday nights in Creve Coeur Lake area would be great for me. Mark

Roark said...

Roark,

The sun will be setting later on Friday nights so you can still make it home in time for Shabbat Dinner.

Mark


Mark,

You call Maxine, say its your suggestion, work it out and I am with you all the way Friday.

Otherwise I am sticking with discretion and vallor.

Roark

hillclimber said...

All,

I'm definitely in for the ride on Wednesday night. I'll call you in the afternoon to let you know where I am.

Mark,

I'm good for Friday night too. How early can you get going? I can probably be out there around 5:00 PM. Maybe we can ride over to Hog Hollow first while it's still daylight, or maybe up Marine and in the Maryland Heights area over to Westport (if traffic isn't too bad) and then work our way back to the park around 6:30 when it's getting darker. Then we could wrap up some milage in the dark on the safety of the trail.

Mike

Roark said...

Roark,

I will ride from your house on Saturday.

Brian