Tuesday, March 21, 2006

April 1st DRS Team Training Ride

April 1st DRS Team Training Ride


Once again I will be leading the company sponsored team, I am a glutten for punishment. DRS did up their donation. I have planned the first of the season team training ride on Saturday April 1st. I have copied below information from the email I sent out to my team.

Everyone is welcome to join us. If your interested in longer miles, there is the possibility of starting from my house at 7:30 am and riding out to the Confluence to meet the group. Afterward we all ride back to my house. Since I plan to bring Joseph and a friend, I have to first make sure they get a ride to the start point, before I can ride from my house.

The ride is meant to be kid and spouse friendly. We currently have about fifteen showing interest

From the email:
The ride will be approximately 20 miles round trip. The terrain will be mostly flat, traveling the levee tops along the bike trail from the Missouri & Mississippi Confluence to Alton and Back. We will have lunch at “My Just Deserts” in Alton; plan on some great pie. This will be an easy ride to help get everyone back onto their bikes.

Please RSVP as soon as you can, so I can reserve enough space at “My Just Deserts” for our group. You’re welcome to invite friends, whether or not the friend is considering the MS 150.

We will be starting at 10 am from the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center near Hartford, Illinois show on the map below. You can plan to visit the museum before or after the ride. We will meet in the parking lot. The map below shows the location of our start at the intersection of New Poag Rd and Highway 3. If you want more information about the museum

http://www.lewisandclarktrail.com/section1/illinoiscities/Woodriver/interpretivecenter.htm

The new Confluence Tower might be open, plan to visit.

http://www.lewisandclarktrail.com/section1/illinoiscities/towers.htm



No comments: