Tuesday, September 14, 2010

And a good time was had by all....

So..... I hope Roark can post the picture of the crazy dude riding the Wiskey Barrell on the Old Kentucky Home Tour last weekend. Pretty nuts.

Roark, Lynda and I all had a great time on the OKHT ride. It's a good ride for the gang too if we want to look into it next year. Or, another possibility is to ride in that area on a different weekend too. Now that Roark, Lynda and I have checked out the area I'm sure we can put together a weekend of riding in the area even on other dates. It's a great area. Road conditions were as good or better than Horsey Hundred (think smooth black top), but I'd say the roads are a bit more challenging than the Horsey, but not so tough it would kick our butts. A good challenging ride that wont kill you, with not much traffic and smooth roads. And things to do in the evenings too.

Roark and I managed 126 miles over the two days (about 7000 feet of climbing). Lynda came in at about 95 miles for the two days and I am guessing she covered about 4500+ feet of climbing - her best two day total ever. Way to go!

More info next year and down the line.

I hope Roark posts that picture.......

Mike

No comments: