Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmakkah ride - Dec 25

Hello all,

It's looking like God is going to bless Jews and Gentiles alike this year with warm(ish) weather December 25th. Anyone up for a ride? We could stop for some Chinese food, Beignets (pronounced BEN-JAY's) and Coffee to make it a really multi-cultural experience. If the BEN-JAY shop is closed - maybe we just have coffee and baby doughnuts at Mike's house.

The long range forecast has highs in the low 50's. I think some of the Christians may have family activities to attend to in the AM, but if anyone is interested I'm kind of looking at noon or afternoon, for a city type ride. Maybe start at Kirkwood Kaldi's and see what we can come up with? Or maybe start at Roark's, and see if we can hit Forest Park and the city?

I'm up for about anything. My legs are turning to jell-o, so it will need to be a bit on the mild side.

I'll firm up some details as the day gets closer and I see the responses.

Mike

5 comments:

Roark said...

If I am in town, I am up for it. I do beleive some Starbucks are open Chrismas day.

Mark said...

As we get closer to the date - I am most likely up for it.

Mark

Anonymous said...

If the weather holds up, count me in.

Bill

hillclimber said...

I'm thinking this ride looks a tad on the iffy side - but I don't want to be a party pooper. Anyone else have thoughts on this? It looks like a temp of around 36 at noon, and a wind chill closer to 30. It might hit 39 and WC 32 around 2:00. These wind chill numbers are a hair on the low side for me. The saving grace may be that it is supposed to be sunny.

But I could swing a ride that went out for 90-120 minutes maybe starting at 12:30 or so?

I think that is about the best I'm going to be able to do, but I could just as easily stay in side and spin.

I'll look for confirmations on riding or confirmations on no-go.

If anyone wants to call to double check, feel free.

Mike
314-239-6229

Mark said...

Mike,

I am going Nancy's around 1:30 today and I have gotten into cleaning up around the house - things that otherwise do not get cleaned.

Merry Christmas