Saturday, December 08, 2007

Dec 8 and Dec 9 - rides? brunch?

I told a few folks I'd post a blog about this weekend's riding. So obviously I'm running a bit late, but only because I've been watching the weather, and it just doesn't look too good.

Today, Saturday, looks fairly dry so far, but I think it is a hair cold for me. The wind chill is still suposed to be sub-30 till noon, and then at 30 for most of the day, and a 30% chance of rain most of the day. I can sometimes ride down to 30, but prefer to do so with the sun out, and that is no going to happen today. So I'm out today.

Sunday looks a bit warmer, but also a bit wetter. I'm willing to play it by ear, and maybe see if something shapes up for maybe a 10am ride, or an afternoon ride, but I really don't want to get wet in cool weather. If anyone wants to call me, feel free 314-239-6229.

If anyone happens to be planning Sunday breakfast or brunch, let me know. I'd be up for that with or without bikes.

It looks like I'll be racing the trainer most of the weekend!

Mike

5 comments:

Roark said...

Mike,

I don't think you have been looking out your window. It's very wet out there today (Saturday). I am in for playing it by ear Sunday. I suggest with the unpredictability of the weather we make it a city ride so there are places to duck in if it rains. We could all meet for breakfast say about 9:00 am, if the weather is good we ride at 10:00.

hillclimber said...

Sounds like a plan (for Sunday). I'll probably go to breakfast with my bike in the back of the car (assuming it's not already pouring) so that if it's a washout day we can have breakfast, and then I'll scoot home without riding. Would you be up for Kaldi's in Kirkwood? We could start there and end there, or if you prefer we can eat there, but then run to your house for the start. I'm good either way.

I wrote the original post before it started raining in my area (Saturday), but since then it's been a steady wet drizzle most of the day. Oh well.

Talk to you soon,

Mike

Roark said...

How about we do First Watch in Clayton, then if its nice we ride out to do Marshall Hill, and my new favorite little torture run Lindeman from West Adams. Kaldis will make a nice after the hills rest stop. We get Kaldis in and First Watch.

hillclimber said...

You're assuming I can climb any of these hills, any of which will tear the hell out of my cleats after walking 1/2 mile.

I'll shoot for First Watch in Clayton at 9:00 am, with my bike in the back of the car. I'll bring spare cleats too. I think Lynda might join as well. She probably won't bring cleats or a bike.

Mike

hillclimber said...

I probably owe Roark a thanks for trying and an apology of sorts. I was all looking forward to at least breakfast, even if I knew riding was probably out. I know he was up for it, so again thanks for trying, and sorry to disappoint. I had a horrible case of insomnia Saturday night, and I think the early on-set of a sinus infection. Oh well. I did feel better later in the day, so I climbed Mount Russell Blvd on my trainer for about an hour and that was the best I could do.

I hope this crap weather clears out soon. I don't remember being this shut-in in December in a long time. I've been a slug most of the past 2 months, and right when I decide to get it together we start getting weekend after another of crap weather.

Let's hope next weekend is better. The early forecast is for pretty cold, but at least dry and clear.

Mike