Saturday, October 06, 2007

Blue Ridge Date & Budget

If there are no major objections the dates for the Blue Ridge Bike Ride will be

Saturday July 12 to Sunday July 20th

Note: We will leave after work on July 11th to get some of the driving out of the way.

Current Participants:
Mark ( Nancy )
Mike
Brian & Cheri ( Melina & Amanda)
Roark
Dan
Ken (Dan's Friend)
Rick
Ron ( Suzzette ? )

My assumption is that for those not bringing companions or kids we will be sharing rooms. I am budgeting $100 per night per room. If you are interested in going stag, then the choice is either two or four per room. If we choose four per room (spooning involved) its $25 per night.

Using Last Years Budget as a Basis (divide by number of participants)
Trailer Rental $350
Misc Expenses $200
Gasoline $400 (1 SUV Type Vehicle)

Of course actual amounts will depend on how many actually commit to going.

Assuming eight riders going stag.... the cost will be $500 not including meals.

Important!
In order to be able to get rooms at some of the lodges along the parkway, reservations need to be made ASAP. There is no guarantee that once we have our rooms, we will be able to add more later. So if your planning on joining the group this summer, you need to commit soon.

Roark

5 comments:

Ron said...

Count me in....not sure yet if Suzette will be going.

Ron

Roark said...

Mike wrote:

Date selection is good by me. Can I come solo, or do I need to get Lynda to come?

Mike

____________________________________

Everybody will have to make their own decisions about companions. They are not required, and entertainment while the bike ride is in progress is up to the inviter.

Mark said...

Roark,

Sounds good. My thought is let's all get togehter soon and discuss divying up the various tasks that need to get done. That way it does not all fall on one person.

Roark said...

Mark,

Sounds good to me.

Roark said...

Roark,

Sounds good to me. Thanks for doing all the planning. My cousin Ken from California may want to join us. I forwarded this to him. I'll let you know his response.

Dan