Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Saturday July 7th ride

I'm also looking for a good ride for Saturday July 7. I have two ideas.

One would be the AYH Firecracker 100 in Greenville, Il. I'm up for that if anyone wants to give it a shot.

My other idea would be to go up to the Alton / Grafton, IL area and do powerline drive and the backroads and the river road. Depending on where we start we can make this a 40 - 60+ mile ride with some good hill work and some good flat (speed) work.

If anyone has a third idea let me know. If I don't hear from anyone I may wind up just doing something near my house.

Mike

5 comments:

Mark said...

I am not riding Saturday. I am up for a ride Sunday, either BFC or a longer ride.

Greg said...

Mike,
I would like to do the Firecracker 100 on Saturday. Their website says the ride is on "smooth roads" which is what I like.
Greg

hillclimber said...

Greg,

I'm good with Firecracker as I want the long miles. It should be a good route too, I know the area a bit from doing the brevets out there.

Let's see if anyone else posts to the blog, and then we'll work out a start time. It's a LONG way from my house, so I'm thinking around 7:00 am.

Mike

Greg said...

Mike,
It looks like it is just you and me for the Firecracker unless you have talked someone into joining us outside of this group. Are you sure you want to start at 7:00. It's probably over an hour drive to Greenville from your house. Starting at 7:00 means lunch before 10:00. Roark gave me your cell number today, can I call you this evening?
Greg

hillclimber said...

Greg,

I'm going to shoot to get up there around 6:30 or 6:45, rolling between 6:45 and 7:00.

I'm good with the early start. My brevet starts were at 5:00am, so 7:00 am is nothing. My Paris ride will be starting at 10:00 PM and riding thru the night first thing!

It's going to be hot as hell too, and second it will be nice to get home and get some things done around the house.

You can call me on my cell about any time. And yes, I think it is just the two of us, but I'm sure we'll see some people we can work with out there, especially with the early start.

Mike