Wednesday, July 04, 2007

100 (or less) miles of hills Sunday July 8

Hello all,

I spoke with Roark and Ron and we are planning on doing some version of the 100 miles of hills ride on Sunday, July 8. Start at Kaldis in the valley. I propose arrive at 7:30 (or earlier if you do breakfast), rolling at 8:00. 100 miles or even 80 is quite a bit, so rolling at 8:00 will be a good idea.

I might actually start at my house, wo we'll see if I can get up that early. Or maybe I start at Roark's house, or maybe I come by Roark's after starting at my house???

Roark, do you ride from your house to get the 100 miles in? Or do you just start at Kaldis?

If you're not up for this ride, you can do the fun club ride over in Collinsville. But for me I need / want the hill work. If anyone is going to the BFC ride I have 1 or two coupons left for it. I have 4, but I think Brian has claimed 2 or 3 of them. I'll try and get them to Brian or Cheri on a ride Saturday? (See post about ride Saturday July 7).

Mike

7 comments:

Mark said...

I am in for the ride on Sunday. Meet you at Kaldi's

Mark

Roark said...

I actually start at my house, the cue sheet is based from my house. Its not all that easy to reorder the stops, even if its a big loop so that no matter where one joins the route, its the same miles as long as they end at where they started. I will start from my house at 7:00 am, if you want to join me Mike. I will forgo the Kaldis breakfast.

hillclimber said...

So, it looks like we have at least 4 for this ride (Mike, Ron, Roark, and Mark).

Roark, can I talk you into rolling from your house at 6:45? That way we can make Kaldi's in between 7:30 and 7:45. I wouldn't mind a quick coffee, or a bowl of oatmeal. I could ride straight to Kaldi's on my own, but I'd rather have a partner for at least the part of the trip from your house to Kaldi's.

Mike

Roark said...

Mike,

I suppose I can handle 15 minutes earlier and be ready to roll at 6:45 am.

Cheri said...

Roark/Mike,

I was thinking that I'd ride from Roark's house too. However, I was thinking about a nice, slow ride over to Kaldi's to get my legs warmed up. I have a feeling that you two will want to push the pace too early for me. Are you just shooting right down Conway? If I start a bit earlier than you, you'll probably catch up to me.

Cheri

Roark said...

Cheri,

We will be shooting down Conway. I do not plan to hammer to Kaldis as the hills will be taking their toll later in the ride.

Roark

Ron said...

If I want a longer ride I guess I better start at Roarks also...see you there-if I can get up early enough.

Ron