Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weekend Rides

Folks,

This weekend is my last chance to ride for two weeks ( I will instead be eating Gelato in Milan).  So here are my plans.

Saturday I will be leaving my house about 9:00 am to get back to those wonderful hills in Kirkwood.  By now everyone knows the route, so if your legs needs a few climbs and fifty or so miles, join me.


Sunday I will be riding for Strawberries and Shortcake with Trailnet.  I hope to start the ride at 9:00 am. This year I hope I don't spend the ride with broken shifters waiting for everyone to return.

Roark

Registration: 8:30 – 10:0 AM *PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE
Start: Township Park
239 W. Main

St. Jacob, IL 62281
Route: 10, 19, 27, 42 or 54 miles
Terrain: Flat to gently rolling, no big hills
Features: You can have your strawberry shortcake and eat it too on this ride that returns to the annual St. Jacob Strawberry Festival. Enjoy a pleasant pedal through the countryside with several route options for families. The four longer routes visit Highland with a rest stop at the town park.
Directions: From I-55/70 take exit 17 and go east on I-40 for eight miles to St. Jacob. Turn right on Marine Rd. (Douglas St.), at the second stop sign turn right on Main. The park is on the left.
Fees: $11 Member, $16 Non-member, $6 Child
Fee includes a serving of strawberry shortcake!
In partnership with: Schnucks-Driscoll’s
In memory of Glenn Hoffmeister

1 comment:

Mark said...

It is going to rain on Saturday and I will be in Springfield, MO. I will be riding Sunday. Roark, I will pick you up on at 7:30 if you are buying the coffee.