Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Town Big Shark Triathlon

For anyone who is interested. The triathlon was today. The course was very flat and consisted of a .6 mile swim, 20 mile bike ride and a 4 mile run. Due to a glitch in the system, the swim time includes the first transition. Swim and first transition in 23:36 (the swim was quite a bit better because I spent between 5 and 10 minutes in the first transition). Bike in 1:01:52 with a max speed of 26.2 (my computer) and an average speed of 19.4 (their calculation) with plenty of head wind for half the ride. 3:31 in the second transition. The run (walk) took 51:48 (12:57 min mile). I had some guy drafting me (not allowed) just after the 10 mile mark on the bike. He was not right on my wheel but he was less than the required 3 bike lengths behind me. I would pass someone and then pull way over to the right and he would do the same and stay right behind me. I finally slammed my brakes on! He had to swerve and go around me. I don't think he will try that again in a no draft triathlon.

No comments: