Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Riding 5/17-5/18

Folks,

We had a great ride Saturday out to the Lewis & Clark Museum at the Confluence. We got in flats and hills, and 65 miles.

Now for next week. I am doing a team ride on short notice from Creve Coeur Lake this Saturday. With our plans for Washington and Horsey Hundred, this really is my only chance for a team ride this month. I am hoping some of you will join me to ride from my house to meet the team at Creve Coeur Lake. We will then ride to lunch at Miss Aimee B's in St. Charles. Once we drop the team off at the start point, its off to Hog Hollow for a fun climb and over to Kirkwood for some more hills. If you interested in joining me, let me know. Figure about 50 miles.

Sunday I plan on the Strawberry ride with Trailnet. I am hoping Joseph will join me, so I plan to be slow on Sunday.

Roark

7 comments:

Mark said...

Saturday is a possibility; however there is the Indian Crossing Bike Ride starting in Portage Des Sioux. I am interested in doing that ride. Though I will admit I am not sure I am ready for a flat century. Let me know if there is interest, otherwise I may join Roark at his house.

I will be doing the Strawberry Ride on Sunday with Nancy. So it could be fast or it could be slow.

Roark said...

Mark,

Your going to do 100 miles? So might I ask if you have done more then say 50 miles yet this year?

I will see you beat up and VERY slow on Sunday trying to recover from Saturday.

Ron said...

Mark, lets go for it...after all it's a flat century. Besides I'm going out of town Sunday for business and won't be able to ride for a while.

Ron

Greg said...

Mark,
I would like to try the century, but may only be able to do the metric century since I haven't ridden much this year. How fast do you think you will be going? What time are you planning on starting?
Greg

Brian said...

Mark,

The century ride sounds good. I would suggest the 6:30 AM start to minimize the wind we encountered last year.

Brian

Mark said...

Ron, it looks like you, Brian and me on Saturday. AYH will make a decision on the ride on Friday. There is flooding in the area and they want to see what happens Thursday. If the bike ride is a go let's meet at the registration desk at 7:30 AM. Mark

Mark said...

It looks like there will be 4 of us on Saturday. Greg, I don't think any of us have ridden too much this year. Brian suggests we meet at 6:30 at the registration - so plan to register and be on the road by 7:00 AM to avoid the wind. We'll all do the 65 miles have lunch and see if we can complete the last 35 miles. We need to verify on Friday if the AYH is having the ride. The area is flooded and may pose a problems. I'll send out a note Friday evening.

Mark