Thursday, February 23, 2006

Lets Ride Saturday Feb 24th

Folks,

The weather bird whispered:

Feb 25 Saturday
Plenty of sun. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 20s.

That translates into lets ride! I have two routes planned but never used, the Heather Hills with Grants Trail Route, and the new extra Hilly St. Albans Route.

Let me hear from you if you want to ride this Saturday, and which route is prefered.

Roark

With the thought everyone has been off their bikes for too long, lets plan on a city ride. The Holly Hills with Grants Trail Loop I described a few posts back. If your coming, plan on my house at 10 am. This puts us in range to hook Mike on about 11:00 am. We will skirt around Soulard.

Roark

6 comments:

Roark said...

Roark,

It loos I should be able to join you on Saturday. Either one is fine with me. If we At. Albans we could meet at Kaldi's before hand. If we do the city ride we'll do something in the city.

Mark

hillclimber said...

Hello all,

I'm kind of a maybe for this. I'm racing on Sunday and don't want to go too hard Saturday, but I did want to go for a shorter easier ride. Maybe I can meet you all somewhere and only go part way (if you were in the city). But don't plan around me.

When do you think you might be going? I'd be looking for my light spin earlier in the day (say something like 11:00 - 1:00 for me).

By the way, Satuday is Mardi Gras in Soulard. You can still bike "near" there, but you won't beable to go right down Russell, or the other bigger streets in the heart of Soulard.

If I can't hook up I'll probably go for a light ride to and from and around Forest Park.

Mike

Cheri said...

I will be riding Saturday. Either route is fine by me.

I haven't been on my bike outside in several weeks...so no promises on speed or endurance.

Looking forward to a warm, sunny ride!

Cheri

Roark said...

With the thought everyone has been off their bikes for too long, lets plan on a city ride. The Holly Hills with Grants Trail Loop I described a few posts back. If your coming plan on my house at 10 am. This puts us in range to hook Mike on about 11:00 am. We will skirt around Soulard.

Ron said...

I can't make it....have to work Saturday but I'll be at the St. Charles airport.
I'll bring my bike and ride the St. Charles flats after the job if it's not to cold.

Mike,mark or Roark...I'd like to borrow one of your bike cases the week of March 11th threw 20th. I'm going to San Diego and need it to ship Suzette's bike.

Ron

Roark said...

Do you think it's a good idea to be anywhere around Soulard this weekend??????? JOHN


John,

We will skirt around the edges of Soulard. It shouldnt be a problem, Mike and I did this last year.

Roark